Nesconset Dental Associates takes a comprehensive approach to prosthodontics. The main goal of prosthodontics is to restore the teeth and gums to proper form and function. We aim to provide an appropriate diagnosis and treatment planning of patients with clinical conditions associated with missing or damaged teeth. Whether you are in need of minor bite adjustment or a full mouth rehabilitation, Nesconset Dental Associates can work with you to address your complex dental concerns.
Prosthodontics treatments can also be used to address various dental conditions, such as:
- Dental trauma to mouth’s structures
- Congenital or birth anomalies of the teeth
- Snoring and sleep disorders (sleep apnea)
- Oral cancer reconstruction
Our team at Nesconset Dental Associates offers experienced prosthodontics for patients who have experienced damaging dental conditions, often impacting both teeth and gums. We thoroughly analyze your dental health to create the most effective treatment plan for you. Our comprehensive approach to dental care helps our patients achieve high quality, consistent results. We may combine a variety of cosmetic and restorative treatments to improve the function, beauty, and health of your smile.
Prosthodontics Treatment Options
To address a damaged or dysfunctional smile, we will need to fully examine the health and function of the teeth, jaw, gums, and joints. Using advanced dental technology, we can evaluate your dental health and create an effective treatment plan to address your needs and give you back a comfortable smile.
- Dental Bridge: This restoration is designed to bridge the gap between missing teeth. It is commonly used to address several consecutive missing teeth. Depending on your needs, your dental bridge can be made from gold, alloys, porcelain, or a combination of these materials.
- Dental Implants: An implant is designed to mimic the natural tooth root. It is comprised of the implant post, abutment, and dental crown. Dental implants can also be used to secure a dental bridge or denture.
- TMJ Treatment: If you have a bite disorder, it is important to identify the underlying cause and treat it. Treatment may include orthodontics, mouthguards, or restorative dentistry.
- Dental Crowns: A custom crown is designed to fit over the damaged or decayed tooth. Dental crowns can be used to address tooth damage, fix a misshapen tooth, and the strengthen a weakened tooth.
- Porcelain Veneers: Veneers are ultra-thin shells that cover the front and sides of the teeth. They are color matched to match seamlessly with your existing teeth and are typically used to enhance the appearance of your natural smile.
Dental Filling: A filling is used to address a the decayed or damaged portion of a tooth. Most dentists use white colored dental fillings to address a damaged or decayed tooth.
- Dentures: If you are missing both arches of teeth, we may use a full denture to restore your smile. If you are missing either the top or bottom arches of teeth, we may recommend a partial denture.
Schedule An Appointment
To explore your treatment options, visit Nesconset Dental Associates. Our trusted team of dentists works with you every step of the way to ensure your dentistry needs are met. If you would like to learn more about prosthodontics treatment in Nesconset, visit our dental practice. To schedule an appointment, call (631) 228-8780 or request an appointment online.